Here's the kit
- Case of UCO stormproof matches with extra strikers
- Case of waterproof matches
- 250 count box of UCO strike anywhere matches in a freezer bag
- 3 bics
- UST sparkie fire starter
- Light my fire Swedish firesteel 12,000 strike ferro rod
- Magnesium bar
- Chew tin full of Vaseline cotton balls
I'm confident that anyone could get a fire going with this kit. It is a little bulky at over a pound but to me the weight is not as important as knowing you can always have fire. In addition to the kit I will be putting a bic in every pocket of the pack and writing a how to guide for the wife. Redundancy my friend, that is the key.
How to build a teepee fire
Pick a lighter for survival
Fire starting tools
7 extremely effective types of tinder
Is there anything you would add to this kit or change?