Leatherman Core Review

I purchased a Leatherman Core about 5 years ago and have used it daily ever since. This multitool has seen everything in terms of abuse.
I was still doing construction when I got it and have used it for anything you could imagine from installing outlets and fixtures to occasionally cutting 2x4s. Now that I do alot with survival this has proved very effective for most chores I throw at it. In the near future I will be retiring this when I get the new Leatherman OHT so look for that review as well.
All the tools on this multitool perform flawlessly and the blades have excellent edge retention. My only complaint is that I broke one of the locks so there is only one side that locks now. This is a perfect candidate for your bug out bag and should not be overlooked.

Blades and other tools
  • 1/8" Screwdriver
  • 420HC Clip Point Knife with Straight Edge
  • 420HC Sheepsfoot Serrated Knife
  • 5/16" Screwdriver
  • 7/32" Screwdriver
  • 9 in | 22 cm
  • Awl with Thread Loop
  • Bottle Opener
  • Can Opener
  • Electrical Crimper
  • Hard-wire cutters
  • Needlenose Pliers
  • Phillips Screwdriver
  • Regular Pliers
  • Saw
  • Stranded-wire cutters
  • Wire cutters
  • Wire Stripper
  • Wood/Metal File

  • Features:

    • 25-year Warranty
    • All Locking Blades and Tools
    • Black Oxide Version Available
    • Comfort-sculpted Handles
    • Leather or Nylon Sheath
    • Stainless Steel Body
    • Stainless Steel Handles

    Measurements:


    • 10.8 oz | 307 g
    • 3.2 in | 8.13 cm (blade length)
    • 4.5 in | 11.5 cm (closed)
    Even Longer Term Review
    I've had my leatherman since I was 18. It's always been good to me. The only problem I've had after 7 years is I broke one of the lock tabs. Not that big of a deal but still. I still carry this daily and use it at work all the time. This is a great multitool. Its a bit big so don't plan to pull any slivers out with it.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment