Review: Kershaw Kuro Folder

    Yesterday when the wife and I got home from shopping she surprised me with any early birthday gift. I opened it and saw this new Kershaw Kuro. I have been buying Kershaws for years and they have never let me down. The Kuro is no exception to the normal quality of a Kershaw. It fits just right in your hand and the grip is textured for a sure grip. Kuro features a partially serrated americanized tanto blade that is sharp as hell and has assisted SpeedSafe opening. Just press the blade and it smoothly flips open in a blink of an eye. I would feel confident using this knife for self defense, survival, work, and a daily carry. I will be adding this to my bugout bag for sure. I'd give it 5/5 anyday.
      Product Features
    • Steel: 8Cr13MoV, Black oxide coating; Partial two step serration
    • Handle: Glass-filled nylon
    • Blade Length: 3 1/8 inches; Handle Length: 4 1/8 inches
    • Overall Length- 7 1/4 inches
    • Weight: 3.3 oz
    • Single position pocket clip
    • Speed safe and flipper opening systems; Liner lock locking system
    • Rating- 5/5
    • Price- $25-40
    Pros- smooth opening, sharp, unique blade, durable, fits perfect in your hand, beautiful design
    Cons- made in China but still seems to hold the standard exceptional kershaw quality

    Long Term Review
    After over 2 years I finally retired my Kuro. Most of the screws are missing from the handle, the pocket clip fell off,  and the flipper spring has gotten weak. These are all things that I expect after I beat the hell out of a knife for a few years. The blade didn't break or chip and still held an edge. Id give the kuro a 4/5. It held up well as an EDC that actually gets used and abused.

    1 comment:

    1. wow............ Kershaw Kuro Folder knife is very nice.. thank you for sharing this post. Best EDC knife

      ReplyDelete